16.11.07

Some other songs

Fugazi,
Long Distance Runner:

The farther I go the less I know
One foot goes in front of the other
It all boils around to not hanging around
To keep moving in front of the gravity
The answer is there the answer is there
but there is not a fixed position
It keeps moving along so I keep coming along
and that's why I'm a long distance runner
and if I stop to catch my breath
I might catch a piece of death
I can't keep your pace if I want to finish this race
My fight's not with it
It's with the gravity
Long distance runner


Down By Law
1944:

somewhere a pen is busy with hate tonight
jaded eyes and cynics bring me down
somewhere a kid is playing his heart out tonight
but he'll get nowhere with the Berkeley in-crowd
well put-downs are so easy
like a novel without a soul
and every executioner wears a hood
when it's time for heads to roll
well they're just like new dictators
trying to tell us what to love
well their opinion they can take and shove
somewhere young rebels will meet up tonight
somewhere skateboarders and straightedgers will unite
they don't need no magazine that's filled with hate and lies
get enough from the world around them
they're young but they are wise
but negativity's easy
you just fire and walk away
and it's the armchair general
who lives to fight another day
well their opinion they can take and shove
if this was 1944, they'd be pointing their guns at you
cause every fascist, left or right, has a fucked-up set of rules
but do they really think the kids are such fools?
Or do they even care?


These were a coupple of songs that resonatd with me when I was listining to the ipod While running on the treadmill this morning. No breakdown required.

May all be well and happy!
Jordan

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jordan,

Thanks for sharing the songs.

I checked out Ron Paul, as you suggested. Very interesting, a true conservative in the traditional sense of things -- mixed in with a bit of a populist. Its good to see that good alternatives are out there for both parties.

I'm going to have to give some thought to supporting him, never saw myself voting for a "republican", lol
take care,

Greg

Anonymous said...

Hey Jordan,

Thanks for sharing the songs.

I checked out Ron Paul, as you suggested. Very interesting, a true conservative in the traditional sense of things -- mixed in with a bit of a populist. Its good to see that good alternatives are out there for both parties.

I'm going to have to give some thought to supporting him, never saw myself voting for a "republican", lol
take care,

Greg

SlowZen said...

Greg,
Sorry for the late responce.
Ron paul is more Libertarian than a Republican, I think. Republican now days seems to be a synonym for Neo-Con and I am not so inclined to think that is the direction this country should be going.

Take care,
Jordan

Thanks for looking!