28.5.10

Not That

Not That

I have not been able to practice with the Shakuhachi much in quite some time.
This is something I really regret because I find it such a frustrating and rewarding practice.
Every time I say "I'm going to do this!" and try to make a commitment, it seems like something comes up and I am pulling an all nighter at work and I forget all about it.
But today, I found myself with the house to myself after my mini Zazenkai, so I jumped on the opportunity to embarrass myself my posting a clip.

Anyway, what is here is not a song, not Suizen, not music, not even practice. You will find though, if you listen carefully, the pug dogs snoring in accompaniment.




It seems to take a long time to upload a video via blogger.
I know my internet connection here is slow but....
Ah well.

So, we're on a four day weekend over here.
My plans are pretty much over with.
Yep. Got the extended wall staring done.

I wonder where the cat went off to?
Haven't seen him since this morning.

Sure is wet outside.

...

Found the cat.

...

Sigh...

...

Hmmm... There isn't even a status bar on this thing.

...

The weather forecast says the sun will be out on Tuesday.

Oh, it just changed, Monday.

....

Maybe I'll try to upload it via Youtube.

...

Oh, they have a status thingy...

50 minutes ...

I wonder which will upload faster?

Maybe I should shut one off ?

Nah... I like to watch the race..

...

Laundry...

...

Wow, The youtube upload is already at 50%!

...

The Brama Net Sutra says I shouldn't have a dog...
If I headed that one I would not have the joy of picking up poop.

...

Youtube is finishing the upload...

And Youtube wins!

4 comments:

Uku said...

Man, I love that sound! Thanks!

Yeah, sometimes life is a bitch when you can't find time to do what you want to do. But still we can do something? Man, this everything we do is THE practice is so brutal... no places, no states to escape. Being naked in a cold shower.

All the best, Jordan! Keep up the good work!

SlowZen said...

Thanks Uku.

Scott Xian-Liao said...

In quiet regard for this music, I attach notions of great wisdom and enlightenment, my spirit soars. Sleeping pugs bring back, awakening, I laugh.

Three bows to snoring pug Bodhisattvas :)

SlowZen said...

Thanks Scott,
I'll pass that along to Takuan the pug dog.

Thanks for looking!