24.12.08

Republic of Tea: Matcha, Matcha Man!






I have been remiss in a tea review. One of the parcels I received was a can of Matcha from the Repubic of Tea’s rare tea collection. This is one of those occasions where I am not so sure what to say. I will state clearly that I appreciate matcha . But I tend to use it as an amendment to sencha rather than as a stand-alone. I mean to make clear that when it comes to matcha, I really don’t know what I am talking about.


As far as reviewing it… I did whisk up a bowl, It makes a good froth, has a taste that brings back some fond old memories…

For my purpouses, usig it as an amendment to sencha, what I do is after the third infusion most sencha teas loose most of their tea like qualities. So I put a scoop of Matcha on the top of the leaf basket and pour hot water over that to refresh the pot. I tend to drink more more in the winter time so this has really come in handy in recent days.

6 comments:

Denise said...

Merry Christmas Jordan, Megumi, Hannah, Iris, and of course, Carol and Robert!

Its snowy here too!

Love,
Denise

SlowZen said...

Auant Denise,
Thank you for the warm holliday greetings.

Sending love & kindness your way from Jordan, Megumi, Hannah, Iris, & my Mom & Dad too.

Mom says she can't wait to get back to Texas and warmer weather.

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your tea! I really have to branch out from my black tea habit..........
Peace to you.
Molly

SlowZen said...

Molly,

I am enjoying!
Thanks and enjoy branching!
Jordan

Anonymous said...

Funny enough, I really can't get into straight matcha either. I prefer to use it in smoothies for a morning meal...adds a lovely green colour to a banana and vanilla yoghurt smoothie. Try it some time!

SlowZen said...

I have been looking at blenders, now there is another reason too! Making Matcha smoothies.

Thanks for the tip!

Jordan

Thanks for looking!