27.12.06

Coming Home

Leaving Iraq through Kuwait, then a harrowing helicopter ride back to the “Boat” felt surreal to me. I was still far from letting go of attachment to desire. After a quick stop in Diego Garcia we were off to Australia. We spent a few days in Cairns and then made for Hawaii. I felt as if I was living a dream as we left Hawaii and headed home.

A ride on a landing craft to the beach at Camp Pendleton and a buss ride back to the Headquarters building seemed to take an eternity. When I got off the bus I could not see my family, I ran through the building, around the building until finally I found them.

Meeting my Wife and children,
One for the first time.
After six months deployed.
Places some would describe as hell.
Peace, Joy.


Be well and happy!
Jordan

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome home, Jordan!
Thank you for your service . . . : )

SlowZen said...

mangadezi-jr,

Thank you for your kind comments!

Be well and happy!
Gassho
Jordan

Thanks for looking!