18.10.11

SHORT BOOK REVIEW: INTERBEING (THICH NHAT HANH)

This is probably not much of a review, just a few quick opinions.

I love reading Thich Nhat Hanh (TNH) like my kids like cotton candy.
There is something about his style that makes me feel welcome, warm and
embraced. [And maybe gives a bit of a sugary rush.]
Interbeing is no exception. And it even seems to make some space for
reality.

But I can't stay there. Something seems a tad too rainbows and unicorns for
me.
Like a young girls lunchbox. Cute, but somehow out of place on the old
Gunny.

Interbeing is not a tough read, you can get through it fairly quickly.
Light on challenging verbiage and when it uses foreign words they are
explained in detail.

The book is broken uo into four parts:

Part one discussed the order of interbeing. A global organization
establishe by TNH.

Part two discussed commenteries on the fourteen mindfulness trainings, which
are a little different than the precepts that I know. [Or don't know so
well.]

Part three, is about their spacific cerimonies, which while nice, I really
just skimed over.

And Part four is about the charter of the order of interbeing.

It's all very beautiful, but I think I prefer disorganized religion.

Yours from the sea,
Jordan

No comments:

Thanks for looking!